Friday 14 October 2011

Design Methods.

During the design methods lecture today we had a tutorial on illustration and painting using Adobe Photoshop. Using a sketch of a Zombie like creature we were given, we were given instructions on hod to sketch this in Photoshop. Then we were instructed about how to paint the creature and use different effects on how to make it look realistic.

My illustration I used stereotypical colours which you would find on a zombie for example, green skin. I used the original outline with effects to make it stand out more as well as erasing bad area's and parts which needed improving. Then using the brush tools at various sizes and using multiple colours to make the skin and clothes look realistic and believable.

After this I added in the blood spatters and then added lighting effects to give it more of a 3D, less flat image of the skin. Then added a background texture to add some more subtle points of interest to the image.


There are some ways I would improve this. Using a better brush for the blood spatter, this could be made more believable and look a lot more appealing. Also, adding more detail for example the shoe laces or even adding a shadow just to give the picture more depth.

Other than the improvements I made I felt a lot was learnt from this tutorial by Phil and really enjoy drawing this up.

2 comments: